Skype online classes
Online 1 to 1 Sessions
As a teacher, I love the idea of being able to teach my students anywhere in the world”
Now from the comfort of your home/holiday apartment/ hotel room etc… you can have the luxury of a private lesson when it suits you.
Why do online Pilates classes?
I know what it’s like to try to work out at home. You get distracted by the housework, a neighbour pops in for coffee, the phone rings, the baby needs fed… the list goes on.
I’m so excited to be able to offer this new method of teaching classes. I can demonstrate and give feedback in real time. All you need is an internet connection, a webcam with microphone, and a Skype account set up and its free.
Your session will be 50-minutes in length.
You get live 1 to 1 Pilates coaching with me watching you every step of the way, correcting you verbally with cues. I will demonstrate first. Then I will watch you do the exercises.
I will motivate you and make sure you are doing it correctly it’s Convenient, time saving, customised workouts, reduced travel time and costs
With a live Skype class you can get me in your living room!
Rather than an exercise DVD where the teacher can’t see you, or see that you’re doing something wrong I can target the workout to meet your goals.
You get a workout tailored especially for YOU!
OK you won’t feel my leg pushing into your spine, or my hands on your shoulders, but my words and cues will help you expand, lengthen, and find your core more than a pre-recorded video will.
It’s so much better having someone telling you what to do live rather than pop a DVD into the player. Be honest with yourself, do you actually regularly set time aside to do an exercise DVD?
So how do I get started?
1. For new clients we will start with a FREE 10 minute online consultation session. You can tell me about yourself, your goals and expectations and see how the online set up works.
2. The class cost is £35 for general Pilates sessions the back pain specific sessions are £50 You must book & pay online before proceeding with the class. This can be done through my website under more then payments through pay pal or paid by direct transfer before the session begins.
You will also need to fill out a health and fitness questionnaire before starting the sessions stating any joint complaints issues surgery etc this must be signed and dated to be valid this is a legal requirement between the coach trainer and client this will be emailed to you. You fill the form out and either email it to me or post it.
3. 5-10 minutes before the class time, you set up your webcam ready checking its working and the microphone is switched on along with the video camera symbol and your mat in a position so that I can see you side on and full length on your mat. Full height could also be useful but not essential.
4. At the scheduled time, we join each other online for the class.
And that’s it!
Here is what you need:
1. A good internet connection
2. A computer, tablet, or smart phone that has a web cam
3. Skype account with a video camera
4. A thick mat, or a yoga mat. (For the mat work exercises) Additional props are recommended, but not required. Resistance Band, foam roller, Magic Circles, Pilates soft Ball, Pilates core ball, hand weights are always handy to have.
5. A must is a small towel and a small cushion.
Looking forward to seeing you online!
What do I wear?
Fitness bottoms/ leggings a tight t-shirt is essential or fitted top so I can ascertain what your posture like.
What will the class be like?
Very similar to a normal 1 to 1 session it just I can’t correct by touch its done on verbal cues.
We will check your posture first. See what posture type you are and where the issues lie.
Warm the body up first
Then proceed to the main exercises these can be done lying down or standing up.
Finish with a cool down relaxation stretch.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
24 hour notice required for all cancellations
Early Cancellation – If you cancel more than 24 hours before the start of class there is no fee applied.
Late Cancellation – If you cancel within 2 hours of the class start time, you will be charged the full fee. If you have a block you will lose a class from your block.
As life can get in the way of our fitness plans (illness/bereavement) we can let you put your pre-paid classes on hold for up to a maximum of 3 months from the purchase date after which they will expire. This does not mean that you can purchase a block and then have intermittent attendance. You are welcome to return at any time during the 3 month period.